CARL’S JR.®2019 THICKIES SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND AND RESIDENTS OF STATES WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Carl’s Jr.® 2019 Thickies Social Media Contest (“Contest”) shall begin on February 24, 2019 at 4:00PM CDT and end on February 24, 2019 at 11:59 PM CDT [RB1] (“Entry Period”). Ten (10) winners (“Winners”) shall be chosen on February 25, 2019 at approximately 2:00 PM CDT. Winners do not need to be present to win.
To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, play the award show bingo game on Carl’s Jr.’s Instagram Story between the hours of 4:00PM CDT and 11:59PM CDT onFebruary 24, 2019. Select one of the ten (10) available bingo card templates, and when you get “bingo” (i.e., five squares in a row, vertically, horizontally or diagonally), screenshot/post your card to your own Instagram story and tag @CarlsJr.[RB2]
Limit one entry per person. Duplicate and mechanically reproduced multiple entries will be disregarded. All entries must be completed in their entirety. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, incomplete, altered, mutilated, or lost entries, for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the contest, or for failure to receive entries due to technical failures of any kind, and such entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor will review all entries to confirm that the entrant has obtained a “bingo” (i.e., five squares in a row, vertically, horizontally or diagonally). If one or more of the first ten entries received does not have a confirmed bingo, another winner will be selected in the order in which subsequent entries were received.[RB3]
2. DECISION OF THE SPONSOR: By participating in this Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Contest at any time for any reason without notice. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Rhode Island and residents of states where restricted or prohibited by law. Void elsewhere and where restricted or prohibited by law. Must be at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, franchisees, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and members of their immediate families or persons residing in the same household, are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Winners of a prize from Sponsor within the past thirty (30) days from the beginning date of this Contest are not eligible.
4. PRIZES: Ten (10) Grand Prizes – Each Grand Prize includes one (1) Carl’s Jr.® $100 gift card and a “Thickie” award statue. Approximate retail value of each grand prize: $225.00 Approximate retail value of all prizes: $2,250.00.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Contest.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: The Winners will be notified by e-mail, where applicable, or by direct message (DM) on the social media platform in which the winner entered the contest on or about March 1, 2019. If Winner(s) fails to respond to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification, Winner(s) shall forfeit Prize and Sponsor may select an alternate Winner in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Potential winners may waive their right to receive a prize. All prizes will be awarded, but unclaimed prizes may be forfeited. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Where legal, Winners may be required to sign, execute, and return a Prize Winner Statement of Eligibility and Release of Liability and Publicity Release and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (collectively “Statement/Release”) before a prize will be awarded or such potential winners may be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to cancel this Contest, make rules and Contest changes and/or substitute another prize of equal of greater value for any reason including if any of the Prizes becomes unavailable.
Prizes will be mailed to the winners at the address provided in the contest submission.
8. CONTEST RULES: Official Rules are available at ckerules.com
9. WINNER’S LIST: For a list of prize winners (available after March 1, 2019 and until April 1, 2019), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Carl’s Jr.® Thickies Social Media Contest, 6700 Tower Circle, Suite 1000, Franklin, TN 37067. Attn: Winner’s List. Sponsor has 60 days to process your request after receipt.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: Each entrant agrees that the Sponsor (A) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or in any Contest related activity, or from entrant's acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
By entering, entrants agree to and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors or assigns as well as Instagram (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrants’ participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities.
Releasees are not responsible for: (i) entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, cellular equipment towers, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer, wireless phone/handset and/or its content, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Sponsor is further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, Contest entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
11. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsors, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Tennessee. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. THIRD PARTIES: This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
13. SPONSOR: Carl’s Jr.®2019 Thickies Social Media Contest is sponsored by Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC, 6700 Tower Circle, Suite 1000, Franklin, TN 37067 whose decisions regarding the selection of the Winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.
© 2019 Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC. All rights reserved.
[RB1]We should really limit this to the time period in which the Oscars are on TV – maybe also the pre-Oscar red carpet show as well.
[RB2]Please review to confirm accuracy.
[RB3]Please review to confirm accuracy.